Monday, August 2, 2010

In A Nutshell

So, it's been a while since I've blogged.  AGAIN.  Go figure!  This last week was one of those weeks that stands alone when you look back over the course of the year.  Not because it was fun and we had such an awesome and incredible week.  Because the kids were SICK!  Both of them.  All week.  Not together.  They took turns!  And then throw a sick husband into the mix too.  Whoo hoo. 

Monday Luke woke up from his nap looking red.  Not like he got a little too much sun, more like BEET red including his ears.  Sure enough his temp was 102.6!!!  We didn't get to have pizza and go swim and play with his cousins that night.  Total bummer.  Later that night . . . Baker got a temp.  He stayed home from work the following day, and he only does that when he's horribly sick.  Half the time he goes to work sick.  So . . . . BLEH!  The two of them ended up being up half the night.  Luke couldn't sleep and was up from 4am on.  The boys finally went back to bed mid-morning and girlie and I got outta the house as fast as our car could take us.  We got lots of errands done, spent some time with my sister-in-law and nephews and did a little shopping.  A great break which turned out was going to be much needed. 

By Tuesday night around midnight Luke broke his fever.  Whoo hoo!  Still couldn't do much for 24 hrs include go to the gym.  I was so excited to go to my class at the gym Thursday morning because it has honestly been a month since I've attended that class . . . but, alas it wasn't meant to be.  Girlie woke up from her nap Wednesday afternoon with . . . you guessed it!  A 100+ fever. 

The difference between my two children at this point . . . communication skills.  Luke can lay on the couch, drink fluids and watch a movie.  Natalie whines.  And she cries.  And she wants to be held.  ALL.  DAY.  LONG.  By the end of Thursday I just wanted out of the house with a pair of earplugs.  My mother-in-law was so gracious in treating me to a very relaxing pedicure and a smoothie.  Yum! 

And if having sick kids wasn't fulfilling enough, I decided to follow through with my original plans of having a garage sale with my sister-in-law on Friday.  It actually turned out with the best case scenario ever.  Natalie allowed me to sleep for six hours straight on Thursday night- where as on Wednesday night I saw every hour except 5am . . . and maybe 4 (can't remember fo sho).  The weather was cool in the morning, not too hot, not too cold.  Natalie was feeling a little better and we sold most of our stuff and made almost $900.  Not bad for a days work.  Not bad at all.  However, I'm ready to hit the gym again.  I would like to sleep through the night.  And good grief.  I have laundry that's multiplying like rabbits.  Thank the Lord for a new day and a new week!



Nadia said...

Oh what a week, I love you and your attitude, I'm so glad to hear that everyone is feeling better, and that you can get back to "normal" life:)

Emily said...

Sounds like fun!! :P JK.
What a pain, hope you have a better week this week!!

Josh Healy said...

Hi, hope it's OK to contact you here. We would love to include your blog on our giveaway search engine: Giveaway Scout ( Have a look and if interested, use our online form to add your blog ( ). thanks, Josh

Adam said...

That's weird, you'd never know from reading this that one of your wonderful little brothers helped you get through the garage sale. Que triste.

Blog Design by April Showers