Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Little Yankee

Baker is "assistant" coach for his nephews tee ball team. 
First day of practice, Baker arrives home early from work to change and run out the door.  At which point, Luke grabbed his yellow plastic bat and balls and was ready for practice. 
We arrive at the field, and daddy gets out to coach.  At which point I think it'll be easier to run an errand than hang out at a baseball field for 1-1/2 hours at dinner time with a 3 year old and a 19 month old.
We stay in the car, and prepare to leave. 
At this point Luke promptly states, "but mom!  I play baseball!  I gotta practice!"
Luke is three.  Tee ball starts at age five. 
We have a little ways to go. 
However, this poor boy is already counting down the years. 
He is R.E.A.D.Y. 
He is already holding up four fingers and asking, "my birfday I be dis many?" 
Yes, buddy. 
"When I'm dis many (five fingers spread open) I play baseball and golf." 
Okay.
Soon enough baby, soon enough.

Our nephew Maddox and Luke
(The boys on the team were asking, "who are you?"  as Luke was warming the bench.
Luke says, "I'm Yuke and dats my DAD (pointing proudly at Baker).

1 comment:

Nana B said...

I love this picture! So cute with the two cousins giving a high five! It looks like Luke is ready anyday to start T-Ball. Love the shirt and hat they both are wearing! Love, Nan

 
Blog Design by April Showers