Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Food 4 Thought

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. Proverbs 12:25 (NIV)

There are so many things to get anxious about throughout the day.  Today was one of those days.  I cleaned up one mess only to move to the next problem and then look behind me to see that another was created.  They weren't large messes, or life threatening.  Just little things.  Little things like time stealers that ate away at my day, my peace, my patience and my joy.

Words have the ability to cut to the core, and wound eternally.  They also have the ability to strengthen, encourage, soothe, heal and uplift. 

Like I tell my children often, "use your words." 
So my question is who do you know that needs to hear a kind word from you today?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Well said Jackie!!
Hope you had a better day today.

Mrs. Harris' 4/5th Grade Class 2010 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister said...

Very nice. My question to you is, who do you know that doesn't need a kind word??

 
Blog Design by April Showers