Sunday, February 15, 2009

Barbie

When you were a little girl . . . did you play with Barbies? I loved playing with Barbies. Only, I didn't have any. My folks didn't allow them (to this day neither one can tell me why). My sister had Barbies. My friends had Barbies. My cousins had Barbies. I did not. Until one birthday, I found a coupon in the mail for a mail order Barbie with a huge lot of clothes, shoes and accessories. I begged for the Barbie and my grandma got it for me for my birthday. I was so excited. I finally had a Barbie. Only . . . she was hollow plastic. See, it was a fake Barbie. I think her leg eventually split along the seam. So for a little while I was a fake Barbie owner. Maybe that's why I've always been a firm believer of buying genuine products. After all, if you can't afford it then don't buy it. I don't care if you get it on sale, last years model, find it at the second hand store, it was a gift etc. Just don't buy knock offs or fakes. Yes, that's it. It must go back to my imposter Barbie days.


Anyhow, what was I saying? Oh yes. My MIL (bestest one this side of the Mississippi) has always told me that she was going to get me a Barbie. And now that Miss Nat has arrived, she had even more reason to purchase a girl's first Barbie. So Natalie is the proud owner of two REAL Barbies. A collector's 2008 Holiday Barbie (for the year she was born) and shopper Barbie (because she's cute). Believe me. She will not be playing with Holiday Barbie for many years. She's very pretty. I had to share. So, a few years from now you may be invited over to play Barbies. A Barbie playdate. I can hardly wait and only imagine the fun we will have.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Count Aunt April in for Barbie playdate! Barbies were my absolute favorite as a little girl ... can't wait to share the fun with my adorable little niece (and her mommy, too)!

Emily said...

Jackie, I had no idea that you were deprived of Barbies as a child. :)
It seems like the first borns get the shaft! :) haha
That Barbie is really pretty, and you will enjoy playing Barbies with Nat. Especially since you didn't get to as a little girl.

Are you still jealous of your sis? I would be....jk.

 
Blog Design by April Showers