Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Ate the Whole Bag of Chips

That's right. You heard me. I was watching John and Kate Plus 8 and I went down the stairs, into the kitchen and got my comforting bag of Buffalo Bleu Kettle Chips. I finished off the bag. I was so sad watching the show I just continued to eat. I know everyone has their opinions about the show and John and Kate and about what happened, and who's "side" they're on etc. But the reality of it is that divorce and separation is awful no matter who you are, where you live and what you do. It affects the family indefinitely and holidays have more anxiety than ever before. My heart broke just a little bit to see another family headed down that path. I was 21 when my parents separated and 22 when they divorced. And every time I fall asleep and dream about my folks . . . they are still married and happy. Almost 10 years later in my dreams what could have been - for a little while still is in my dreams. On a brighter note, the chips were good!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man, I was watching re-runs at the gym yesterday. They were advertising for their one hour show, airing last night. I was really hoping that they were going to make the decision to cancel the show and focus on their family.
Then I came home, and word that they are divorcing was all over the internet.
I was sad for them all night.

I have a full bag of those chips in my pantry too...good thing I didn't think of them.

Alexis said...

I agree, I was around 19 when my parents got theirs finalized and it's never clean and easy. I still dream at night about when we sat around the kitchen laughing and playing games as a family...I feel for those children. Divorce is a terrible thing.

 
Blog Design by April Showers