Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mineral Makeup

I use to sell Mary Kay Cosmetics. I've been using the products since I was oh, maybe 16?! However, once I became pregnant with Luke, I became intrigued with Bare Minerals makeup. I had seen it advertised on television and once I was pregnant decided to try it. The reason I switched was because I was so hot all the time being pregnant and therefore, "glistening" okay that's putting it mildly. I was sweating. All the time. Sweating. My feet swelled up, my hands swelled up and I sweated like a pig. Anyhow, I wanted to try the mineral powder makeup vs. a liquid foundation. I tried Bare Minerals and LUV'D it. I could sweat and at the end of the day I still looked good. The stuff is incredible. So, it was very hard to go back to Mary Kay. I finally had to throw in the towel and concede that (gasp) it's okay to like another brand. I still use some Mary Kay products and they have some awesome products by-the-way. Like their mascara. Still heart that. But, I tried the Mary Kay mineral makeup and I must say. I was so completely disappointed. I felt like I looked the same with their mineral makeup on - as I did without makeup! I also tried their brush and it felt like the bristles were stabbing me. Not good. Anyhow, I know I'm only comparing two brands vs. six or ten, but I'm just sharin' a few of my favs. Now . . . what about you? What are some of your makeup or skin care favs that you think I should try? What am I missing out on?


No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers