Thursday, July 9, 2009

Potty Stories 101

We took the plunge. HA! Plunge. Get it? Luke's cousin (6 wks older) was potty training, and then I read this blog Vintage Dutch Girl and realized that whether or not I was informed, had read a book or not that this boy was ready to learn! It was time to train him. There have been dry times after naps and mornings that his pullup wasn't wet and well. . . days in a row where he would poop on the potty. Yes, I just said poop.

I always had this grandiose idea we would set aside a weekend and whola! Have a completely potty trained child. Life in my head is utterly fabulous at times. Anyhow, I figured, there's gotta be power in numbers. I mean, if his cousin is goin' on the potty . . . wouldn't it be cool if Luke went on the potty too??? Huh? Like it? Well, it pretty much worked! Of course there are accidents. Sometimes he makes it to the bathroom only to pee all over the floor.

I gotta help with the timing thing. I still forget he's learning and that I need to remind him and sometimes force him to go, instead of waiting until it's too late. Honestly, I would much rather wash a couple extra pairs of underwear (usually from dribbles, but sometimes from flash floods in the bathroom) then buy pullups and change diapers all day.

Now, if I could just get Nat on board. Hmmmm . . .

1 comment:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Yay! I need someone to whine with :) Potty training isn't an event, it's a journey. How bout THAT stitched onto a decorative pillow?

 
Blog Design by April Showers