Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A New Recipe

Since returning from Disneyland the weather has turned. Fall has breathed it's cool breathe upon us and made me want to try some hearty, yummy new recipes. I got a craving for Olive Garden's Pasta Fagoili Soup and looked for a recipe that seemed similiar and easy to make. Here's the recipe I found. The cool thing about this recipe is you can modify the number of servings for what you need. I made my recipe for 6 servings and it was way more than enough for our family. I was missing a couple key ingredients and I ended up tweaking it. The results were delicious! And of course I forgot to take pictures. Whoops!

Jackie's Version of Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup in a Crock Pot
1 lb. ground beef browned
1/2 c. sweet chopped onion
sliced baby carrots
3 quarted small zucchinis
1 (28oz) can diced organic tomatoes (undrained)
1 (16oz) can organic pinto beans (drained)
2/3 box of organic vegetable broth
1-1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon pepper
2/3 jar Preggo spaghetti sauce (what I had in the pantry)

Here's the crazy part. The kids and I ate this soup without any pasta. I added the pasta later for Baker and then added the rest to the soup. I DIDN'T like it! Pasta Fagoili soup without the pasta. More like a vegetable soup. Still delicious :)

Now, my question for you is, do you have any favorite fall recipes? I would love to hear!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Chocolate chip cookies, apple crisp, apple stuffed pork chops, homemade chicken noodle soup and of course: mac and cheese. All extremely healthy and nutritious. :)
http://alexis.reachpolska.info/?p=359

Emily said...

hmmmm gonna have to try that one!!
I love a good soup for fall.

Mom B said...

That sounds sooo good, I love soup for fall, I would make it and forget about the pasta. Thanks for the receipe.

 
Blog Design by April Showers